Learning Resources Adviser (Systems)
Job ID. 827807
School Ref No. FEJobs/
New opening at Luton Sixth Form College
How To Apply
Sixth Form: Luton Sixth Form College, Luton
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract: Part Time and Permanent
Job Expires: 16 April 2018 @ 11:59PM
Learning Resources Adviser (Systems) (Part Time, Term Time Only, 39 weeks per year, term time only, + 1 additional week which may be out of term)
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine point 24, £14,183 rising to point 27, £15,647 with annual increments based on service and performance related criteria (This is the pro rated equivalent of the full-time scale, £19,773 - £21,814)
Working 30 hours per week Tuesday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 5.00pm to accommodate the opening (8.00am) and/or closing (5.00pm) of the Learning Resource Centre, for 39 weeks per year time term time only, + 1 additional week by agreement which may be out of term, a degree of flexibility is required.
You will support student learning and develop and maintain the library computer system including:
• Managing the library management system (the College uses Heritage)
• Supporting students’ achievement through the effective use of resources, including e-resources, the virtual learning environment, internet and mobile devices.
• Carrying out all related activities associated with the efficient management of the LRC
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has experience of working in the field of library services / learning resources
• Has excellent communication skills, able to work as a member of a team
• Has a good work ethic able to work under pressure, to be flexible, thorough and accurate.
Start Date: As soon as possible after 1st May 2018
Closing date for all completed applications: Monday 16th April 2018
Interviews planned for: Thursday 26th April 2018
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).